- Este mensaje será proporcionado en español una vez que la traducción esté finalizada.
- Thông tin này sẽ được cung cấp bằng tiếng Việt ngay sau khi hoàn tất bản dịch.
- Qhov xovxwm tshajtawm no yuav muaj ua lus Hmoob sai li sai tau thaum peb txhais tas.
- Fariintan waxaa lagu bixin doonaa Soomaali isla marka turjumaada la dhameeyo.
Wondering how your scholar will be supported both academically and socially/emotionally this year? We’ve designed this series of webinars especially for you and your scholar, with the goal of helping you have the best school experience possible. These webinars are open to all Osseo Area Schools families and students (all schools, including the Distance Learning Academy).
Live GoogleMeet webinars are available for up to 240 participants (by advance registration), and will be archived within one business day for 24/7 viewing on the district’s YouTube channel. Live participation allows you to submit questions via the chat function of GoogleMeet; a moderator will work to ensure that as many questions as possible are answered.
- A Gmail account is required in order to participate in these GoogleMeet webinars. If you do not have a personal Gmail account, you may work with your student to use their district-issued Google Apps email account (StudentUserName@apps.district279.org)
- The webinars listed below will be in English only. We are working on ways to provide key content in other languages to post to our multilingual Facebook pages.
Distance Learning Academy Family Webinar
Wednesday, Sept. 2 | View on YouTube
Thursday, Sept. 3 | View on YouTube
Using digital tools to build a strong foundation
Tuesday, Sept. 8: 2-3 p.m. | View on YouTube
Knowing how to use our digital tools will help you connect with your scholar’s teachers, monitor assignments, and stay informed about school-related activities. Join our Learning and Achievement and Instructional Technology staff as they dig into our learning management systems (LMS); preview our new family toolkit; demonstrate how to use mobile devices; and unveil our new scholar virtual backpack.
Promoting health and safety
Wednesday, Sept. 9: 3-4 p.m. | View on YouTube
Learn about school-based efforts to keep students safe and healthy during the COVID-19 public health crisis. You will hear from staff with responsibilities in facilities and operations, nutrition services, transportation, and health and safety.
Supporting each scholar: How do staff think about how to “do school” in a pandemic?
Thursday, Sept. 10: 4-5 p.m. | View on YouTube
Teachers, principals and other school personnel will share their strategies for building community; discovering and elevating each scholar’s brilliance; and creating safe and inclusive physical and virtual schools.
Hope you can join us!
Michael Lehan, Assistant Superintendent for Equity and Achievement
Brian Siverson-Hall, Executive Director of Community Engagement