Dear Osseo Area Schools families:
Last night, the school board approved my recommendation to start the year in the hybrid model, which means two days of in-person instruction and three days of distance learning per week. This direction provides staff and families clarity regarding what to expect for the start of the 2020-2021 school year.
Here’s what I want you to know today:
- We are moving ahead with planning to welcome your scholar to the new school year, whether you have chosen the separate Distance Learning Academy or will follow the rest of the district by starting under the hybrid model.
- We have launched an expanded #279ReadytoRestart section of the district website, where you’ll find: details of work that is underway in 17 areas; links to resources such as the MN Safe Learning Plan, board meeting presentations, the fall planning survey results, and more; and additional information as it becomes available.
- If you wish to register for the Distance Learning Academy, please be sure to do so by 9 p.m. on Sunday, August 9 [updated 8/7: new deadline is 9 pm, Wednesday, August 12]. You can learn more about the Academy, including viewing a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), here.
- If you have a high school (grades 9-12) student who will need transportation this year, please complete this form to request transportation; deadline for this request is 9 p.m., Sunday, August 9.
- Finally, you have already or will soon receive a letter sent by U.S. mail that includes a letter from me plus a brochure that explains the three instructional models (in-person, hybrid, and distance learning) plus the Distance Learning Academy. The letter that accompanies the brochure was printed prior to the development of my recommendation to start the year in the hybrid model. Please know that things have evolved quickly over the past few days, and we are now firmly planning to start the school year in the hybrid model.
As you have questions about the school year, please visit the district website for more information. We will add an FAQ document and continue to answer as many questions as we can over the coming weeks.