Planning & Decision Making
On a regular basis, District 279 administrators consult with state, county and local leaders to ensure our plans use the most up-to-date information available. Some of these conversations include:
- Consultations with the Minnesota Department of Health, the Minnesota Department of Education, and the Hennepin County Regional Support Team
- Calls between Supt. McIntyre and other area superintendents
- Daily communication between our 25 COVID-19 site coordinators
Data and guidelines considered and ultimately used in decisions include:
- The Minnesota Safe Learning Plan
- Minnesota Department of Health state data
- County-level COVID-19 case rate data
- Note: As of the December update to the Minnesota Safe Learning Plan, public school districts are no longer required to use county-level data in decisions regarding elementary learning model shifts.
Since the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year, Osseo Area Schools has shared its Safe Learning Plan online. The original plan was developed with COVID-19 guidance from the Minnesota Department of Education, which included recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Updates were made to the plan throughout the school year as state and federal guidance changed and feedback was shared.
The latest version of the plan, created for summer 2021, was again developed with guidance from the Minnesota Department of Education. It addresses the importance of staying home when sick, maintaining proper hygiene practices, continuing a disinfection protocol, and more.