Planning & Decision Making
How schools determine their safe learning models
On a regular basis, District 279 administrators consult with state, county and local leaders to ensure our plans use the most up-to-date information available. Some of these conversations include:
- Consultations with the Minnesota Department of Health, the Minnesota Department of Education, and the Hennepin County Regional Support Team
- Calls between Supt. McIntyre and other area superintendents
- Daily communication between our 25 COVID-19 site coordinators
Data and guidelines considered and ultimately used in decisions include:
- The Minnesota Safe Learning Plan
- Minnesota Department of Health state data
- County-level COVID-19 case rate data
- Note: As of the December update to the Minnesota Safe Learning Plan, public school districts are no longer required to use county-level data in decisions regarding elementary learning model shifts.
When these conversations result in a recommendation to shift learning models, Supt. McIntyre presents his recommendation to the ISD 279 - Osseo Area Schools School Board for consideration. Recordings of school board meetings can be found here.