Families who want the certainty of distance learning for the entire year with no movement between models may opt into a districtwide (K-12 only) Distance Learning Academy. To register for the optional academy, a year-long commitment will be required.
- At the elementary level, Distance Learning Academy instruction will be similar to the regular distance learning model.
- At the secondary level, the Distance Learning Academy will focus on core subjects/graduation requirements, i.e., advanced, AP and/or electives may not be available.
- Students attending the academy will still be able to participate in school/district extracurricular programs.
- This will be a districtwide (vs. school-based) program drawing from teachers across the school district.
- Families must opt into the Distance Learning Academy (see inside brochure) by 9 p.m. on Wednesday, August 12;
- Special education and language learner services will continue to be provided to qualifying students.